Surrey Minor Hockey 2023-2024 Officiating Season
Interested in becoming a Referee with Surrey Minor Hockey Association?
Our intake is FULL for the current 2023/2024 minor hockey season and we'd like to thank all those who applied and/or who showed an interest in the HCOP officiating program. We had an overwhelming response.
If you will be 12 years or older by December 31, 2024 you are eligible to become an on-ice official for next season. It can be a very rewarding experience, however, it will require commitment and dedication on your part (and the part of your parent/guardian) in order for you to be successful at it.
Please check back here periodically, towards the end of the current hockey season, for any updated information, deadline dates and for your next steps in the application process to becoming a Referee for the 2024/2025 season, to avoid any unnecessary disappointment.
Thanks for your interest in our officiating program and have a safe and above all, FUN minor hockey season.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Jamie L Versteeg at this email address: email@example.com
Code of Conduct
- I will make sure that every player has a reasonable opportunity to perform to the best of his or her ability, within the limits of the rules.
- I will avoid or put an end to any situation that threatens the safety of the players.
- I will maintain a healthy atmosphere and environment for competition.
- I will not permit the intimidation of any player either by word or by action. I will not tolerate unacceptable conduct toward myself, other officials, players or spectators.
- I will be consistent and objective in calling all infractions, regardless of my personal feelings toward a team or individual player.
- I will handle all conflicts firmly but with dignity.
- I accept my role as a teacher and role model for fair play, especially with young participants.
- I will be open to discussion and contact with the players before and after the game.
- I will remain open to constructive criticism and show respect and consideration for different points of view.
- I will obtain proper training and continue to upgrade my officiating skills.
- I will work in cooperation with coaches for the benefit of the game.
- BC Hockey Officiating Clinics
- PCAHA RAC - Referee Assigning Info ( Bantam A / Midget / Juvenille Only )
- PCAHA Referee's Game Incident Report
- PCAHA Referee / Linesmen Allowances 2019/2020
- PCAHA Referee Information
- PCAHA Rule book
- SMHA Referee / Game Change Request ( Hockey 1-4, Atom, PeeWee, Bantam C )