Registration is open
* Please note registrations received after Aug 16th may be wait listed. Thank you for your patience while we try to accommodate everyone.
The registration process is different depending on whether you are a returning player, new player or player moving from a different association. Please refer to the section below that suits your situation.
Evaluations for Rep hockey normally start in mid to late August depending on the age/division. Evaluations for C Divisions, including Hockey 1 to 4, start in early September. The actual playing season starts in late September and runs until late March. For further information please contact the registrar.
The boundaries for Surrey Minor Hockey are:
- North: Fraser River
- South: BC Harbours Board Railway
- West: Surrey City Limits
- East: 152 Street (56 Avenue to 88 Avenue);88 Avenue (152 Street to 160 Street); 160 Street (88 Avenue to Fraser River)
Please visit our Financial Assistance page for more information.
Early bird rates are available for returning players who register between June 10th and July 15th. Carefully review the below information prior to registering. If you are a new player to hockey please visit our new player tab and contact email@example.com
TO REGISTER: You must have your child's Hockey Canada ID. You can find your child's Hockey Canada ID in a few ways
- You can log into your Ehockey Account E HOCKEY LINK
- You can look at your registration receipts from prior years
- Your last year's team roster (you can request this information from your manager or coach)
- If you are a new player to hockey please refer to our new player tab
NEW DIVISION NAMES: Please review our Registration Fee's tab above to confirm your child's appropriate division based on their birth year.
Interac E-transfers are now available! Review important instructions below.
- CHEQUES ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED (Please do not mail in any payments to the association)
- Mindful of Covid-19 challenges our Payment Schedule for the 2020-2021 season is as follows:
- $25 deposit amount upon registration
- 1st Payment - August 1st
- 2nd Payment - August 31st
- 3rd Payment - September 30th
- 4th Payment - October 30th
- If you select to pay via credit card a deposit amount of $25 will be charged at the time of registration then an automated payment schedule has been set up.
- If you choose to pay via e-transfer you can schedule payments in advance using the above dates if needed
- Should this cause you any financial hardship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CHILD(REN)'S HOCKEY CANADA ID NUMBER AND PLAYER NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION OF YOUR E-TRANSFER
Pay to: Surrey Minor Hockey
These e-transfers are being manually processed so please allow some time for your payment to reflect on your Teamsnap invoice. Once your e-transfer has been received and processed you will be able to see the remaining balance on your invoice which can be found on your teamsnap home page when logging in using a PC.
Please use the following internet browsers when registering: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari or Microsoft Edge. Internet Explorer is not supported and will not work.
If you complete your child's registration and would like to make an addition please contact email@example.com, do NOT re-submit your registration.
Our preferred method of payment is credit card or e-transfer.
If you are not able to easily attach 2 proofs of address within the teamsnap registration form please scan or photograph 2 different proofs of current address (dated within 3 months) and email them to the Registrar (see below for what is acceptable proof of address)
Accepted proof of address documents:
- Utility Bills (hydro, gas, water) Cable / Satellite Bill
- Property Tax Bill/Assessment
- Residential Lease / Tenancy Agreement
- Property / Contents insurance
- BC medical statement
- GST statement or income tax assessment
- School registration confirming address
- Bank/Visa Statement